Fill this under delicious AND unhealthy. My favorite combination. It's been a hectic few weeks, and I anticipate the next few will be equally insane. I'll try to keep posting with some frequency as life takes me all over the place. Today, it's taken me to Texas. Not literally, but figuratively. This recipe is for Texas Dip.
Frankly, my batch came out a bit too smooth. So keep that in mind while whipping this one up. Serves a ton!
- 1-8 ounce package of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-8 ounce package of mild cheddar cheese
- 1-8 ounce jar of pimentos
- 4 ounces of dill pickles + juice
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- dash of Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- garlic salt
- ground cayenne pepper
- In a food processor, combine both cheese, pimentos + juice, pickles + juice, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and chili sauce.
- Pulse until combined but still a little chunky.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste.
- Give it a quick mix.
- Chill until serving.
This recipe makes a lot. Like a lot, a lot. It's the perfect potluck picnic recipe for a summer party or for watching the big game (ahem, World Cup) with friends like Paul, the psychic octopus.
I garnished mine with some chopped chives from my container garden and a few blue corn tortilla chips. The bowl pictured is probably like a quarter of the total amount of dip.
Only keeps for a day or two. Make sure to keep it refrigerated until ready for serving.