A summer staple.
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes of your choice, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomato and mozzarella in a bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and mix in until the tomatoes and mozzarella are coated.
- Mix in the salt and pepper plus the balsamic vinegar.
- Add in the basil and give the ingredients a quick stir.
- Refrigerate until about 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 2-3. Quick, easy, good - no frills involved here. Pair with a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread for a light dinner that beats the heat. I should note this recipe works best with ripe tomatoes and quality, salted mozzarella.