From the recipe box #5.
Back in New Jersey and it's been pretty much non-stop rain all week. I've been making the move to fall food, which means warm, hearty food. I've been living off Quinoa Vegetable Soup from the Good Karma Cafe and managed to grab a free meal from the Cinnamon Snail. Yum on both accounts. This recipe is a family favorite that pops up pretty frequently. It's an easy blend of tomato sauce, cannellini beans, sautéed zucchini and onions mixed with pasta.
- a pound of pasta, cooked (any shape works)
- 3-4 small zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-16 ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of tomato sauce, homemade or from a jar
Keep going. Steps:
- In a large, deep pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the cannellini beans and lower the heat a notch. Mixing the vegetables and beans together.
- Add in the tomato sauce and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour over pasta and serve.
Easy, eh? Top it off with some grated cheese and serve piping hot. Serves 6-8.