Clean eating, part two.
This post should really be called Clean eating, part three but much to my own chagrin, I failed to photograph Friday night's exploits with the Fusion Enchiladas (made veg) but I can assure you they were delish. Would definitely make again though I have to admit, the "Refried" Edamame wasn't worth the effort. To really speed up the recipe while retaining nutritional value, you could easily sub fat-free refried beans. On to cookies. Yes, cookies. Nomnomnom.
Easiest cookies ever? Yeah, pretty much. Please excuse my heinous cell phone photography, I'm out-of-town at the moment. Anyway, this was my first go-around with this recipe but I have a few variations brewing in my head so I might take a crack at jazzing these up in the very near future. I'll report back on my findings.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (originally posted here)
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces of 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended thoroughly. Mix in chocolate.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.