Avocado egg salad.
Ok ok, usually I don't immediately rush out to make recipes I find but this one rolled across my Google Reader and was just asking for it. On to the good stuff.
- 2 avocados
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tbsp mayo (reduced fat is just fine!)
- 1 tbsp mustard (I used spicy brown)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- chives for garnish (I grew some garlic chives this summer)
- In a food processor, add in hard-boiled eggs broken into pieces + avocado cut into big chunks.
- Add in mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Pulse until combined to your liking. Leave it a little chunky, it's better that way!
Awesome summertime lunch or dinner option! I had mine on half a multi-grain English muffin with some diced tomato on the side. It ruled. Yum. Went well with a cold beverage from my new I LOVE PILATES mug my instructor gave me.