Christmas cookies - part #2.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup of sucanat (makes them more molasses-y)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie trays.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in yolk and maple syrup.
- Add in flour, nutmeg and salt and combine until a loose dough forms. (I skipped the dough chilling part.)
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8th of an inch thickness and cut into whatever shapes you like.
- Place cut cookie dough onto trays and bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown.
Makes a few dozen. Chewy, slightly sweet, slightly salty cookies that keep for up to a week in airtight containers.