A major part of my quest to get back into the weight loss game requires getting back in the kitchen. Having moved a few months back I spent weeks ordering in, eating out and living off leftovers. However, a recently discovered the equivalent of the sprawling suburban supermarket just a few blocks away so I'm slowly working my way back into preparing meals. Despite all the delicious recipes I post, most nights dinner isn't that glamorous since I'm cooking for one. This week's dinner consisted of sauteed broccoli rabe mixed with TVP and some spices (pictured). In my family, we grew up broccoli rabe cooked with anchovies so here is my recipe (adapted):
- bunch of broccoli rabe, stems trimmed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4-6 anchovy filets, chopped
- salt to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add broccoli rabe. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the broccoli rabe is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain thoroughly.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies and broccoli rabe.
- Stir frequently and cook for roughly 3-4 minutes or until the garlic and broccoli rabe begin to brown. Salt to taste.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings depending on the size of the bunch. I divided mine up into three health servings to eat over the course of three nights with a cup or two of TVP (textured vegetable protein) and some liquid aminos. An excellent post-workout dinner.