Weeknight dinner #3.
I'm gearing up for warmer weather, picking out a CSA, researching new diets, trying out new Pilates studios, going outside and gorging myself on Italian ice. In the midst of all that there's taxes, writing projects, new ideas and wanderlust creeping in and distracting me from things like cooking. Right now I'm trying to eat through all my groceries so I can start fresh next week. This is one of those "everything in my fridge" type meals that somewhat mimics baked ziti.
- 1 package tofu shirataki noodles
- 2 cups of sauce (I had leftover sauce in the freezer)
- 4 ounces of low-fat cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly mist a pie plate with cooking spray. Combine half the sauce and cheese in the bottom of the pie plate and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the noodles. Parboil for 2-3 minutes and drain. Mix the noodles into the pie plate and top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
Serve immediately. Makes 2-3 servings and will keep for a night in the fridge.
Before scarfing down a serving of this last night, yesterday's food intake included:
- Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Kashi Truly Vanilla Oatmeal with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter (I have a lot of PB on hand)
- Just Salad's Thai-Tastic Salad with sriracha dressing
- Leftover saag paneer
- Copious amounts of green tea and water
I made this Tuesday night when I didn't quite make it to the gym. Lack of sleep + lack of quality life time = cranky Katie. I did, however, make it Wednesday night and managed to run a few miles on the treadmill in addition to some time on the arc trainer.