Weekend coffee #10.
Here we are, double digits. 2018 is just chugging along. This week included the Oscars (yawn), another Nor'easter, International Women's Day, more Ugly Delicious, the lamest rejection email I've ever received - and those are just the highlights. I've got some exciting stuff happening this weekend (and a baby shower). In the meantime, here's what the Internet gifted me this week:
- Oh hell yes. The trailer for RBG is live. Cannot wait. Also on that documentary tip, I recommend Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story which recently came through our local independent movie theater.
- Speaking of overlooked women, did you see this New York Times' series? The paper is running the obituaries of overlooked women to shed light on their contributions.
- Over here, you can see All 13,260 Places in the Atlas Obscura on One Map. I thought I was pretty well-versed on the local sights from years of reading Weird NJ. I was wrong. Commence internet k-hole.
- I've got some home improvement projects on the horizon. This renovation featured by Hooked on Houses makes me want to scrap everything and just start from scratch. Anyone want to fund a whole house overhaul?
- Speaking of houses, I loved this question posed by The Atlantic. Probably because I didn't have to think twice about my answer. I would want to live in Grandma Fifi's bungalow from Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block (still my favorite YA book series of all time).
That's all for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend - and don't forget about Daylight Savings Time!