Weekend coffee #21.
Here we are - the unofficial start of summer. And living a mile from the beach, this spells big changes in these parts. Some towns even change traffic patterns, turning two-way streets one-way. This was a big, busy week that included a few epic performances that I didn't get a chance to write up yet. Stay tuned for that. In the meantime, here's what I'm reading:
- I've been following Design*Sponge for longer than I care to admit. This is a great interview with its creator, Grace Bonney. Psyched to check out the new magazine.
- Come on, kitchen reno! I'm stockpiling recipes for the moment I'm able to cook again. These BBQ bowls look delicious and oh so summery.
- "Body Talk" defined an entire era of my life (hello, 2011) so the promise of a new Robyn album has me all sorts of excited. Also digging her grown out hair.
- Speaking of defining moments, I forgot all about this Justine Kurland series. The photos coincide with my early teenage experience and have me feeling all sorts of nostalgic.
- Given my last name, I fear injuring my Achilles tendon. Just thinking about this explanation of Michael Jackson's gravity-defying dance moves has my ankles hurting.
- I've had a longstanding love affair with overalls even though I can't remember the last time I wore them. This pair from Ace & Jig might change that.
- And finally, a quick reminder re: the significance of Memorial Day - "The American story is not told on birth certificates. It’s written on hearts."
Weather, be damned. I'm going to try to get to the beach before the rain moves in. Until next weekend!