Weekend coffee #25.
I don't think I'm being at all provocative when I say that this was a tough news week. Without launching into a political tirade, I'm just going to express my feelings in one word. UGH. When I wasn't scowling at my computer screen or screaming at the TV, I kept crazy busy save for one two-hour trip to the beach (first of the season!). Even that didn't provide much escape as the notifications on my phone kept me all too informed of what was happening in Washington. /endrant
Here's what I else I was reading this week:
- "Coco" Is the Definitive Movie for This Moment - If you haven't seen it already, it's on Netflix. Take a couple hours to watch. Report back on whether or not you cry.
- As a long time follower of "Advanced Style," let me just say that I aspire to be one of these glamorous grandmas. Don't let me current low maintenance fool you, it's going to happen.
- Pretty sure I've mentioned Resistbot before. If not, I'm mentioning it now. If so, I'm mentioning it again. This is the easiest way to contact the people who represent you. Use it.
- Look, I love to work. I work all the damn time and have since I was 15. But I believe in knowing your limits and asking for what you want. Check out The Atlantic's Exit Interview series.
- It's grilling season. And while I love me a Beyond Burger, there's nothing better than a homemade veggie burger. Going to try this recipe and report back.
- Really think I need more coverall-type outfits in my life. Like maybe this one.
Until next time.