Greek pasta salad.
Mark it down - this is officially the first real meal I cooked in our updated kitchen. Sure, I had to wash the dishes in the bathroom sink but hey, sometimes you just have to make it work. This recipe was inspired by an abundance of dill while inspired a big batch of tzatziki.
- 8 oz. pasta (I used Banza Wheels)
- 1 bag of Beyond Meat Grilled Strips
- 2 cups of greens
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup halloumi, diced
- 1 cup of tzatziki (quick DIY down below)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and toss with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the Beyond Meat strips on the stove. Lay out on paper towels until cool to touch. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix pasta, strips, veggies and cheese together in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Fold in tzatziki until the sauce coats the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serves 4 entree-sized portions or 6-8 as a side dish. Will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This is not meant to be a traditional take on tzatziki - just a quick dip.
- 2 cups, thick, plain yogurt (I used Siggi's 0%)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients in one bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate overnight if possible. Minimum of 4 hours.
This is a good one to make in the morning so you can toss it in the pasta salad for dinner. Enjoy!