Weekend coffee #26.
Here we are - halfway through. I'm not sure where the first half of 2018 went but I'm even more amazed that this weekend marks one year of marriage. That sure went by quickly. By the time you read this, I'll be tucked away somewhere in the Catskills without WiFi or TV. Here's to going off the grid every once in a while.
Here's what I've been checking out this week:
- This well-crafted campaign video by MJ Hegar. Obviously, I live nowhere near Texas but I'll be rooting for Hegar from afar as she takes on the incumbent.
- Drove by our local laundromat last week and thought back to the one near my last apartment in Brooklyn. These photos do an excellent job of capturing an overlooked community space.
- I don't really wear my engagement ring, opting instead for a recently upgraded stack of Lauren Wolf bands. Thinking about adding this snakeskin one to the mix too. Ten fingers, after all.
- Joining a band has further illuminated the double standard in the music scene (more on that later). So hoping The Slits documentary comes to my local indie movie theater soon.
- Plan to spend this weekend wearing last year's version of this romper.
I'll be back with a guide to our weekend getaway including lodging, restaurants, activities and more around the greater Woodstock area. Until next time.