Summertime food playlist.
So I haven't spent much time in the kitchen lately. Between the renovation project and warmer temps, I've been doing pretty much anything but cooking. Oh don't worry, I've been eating plenty just nothing I made myself. A few weeks ago we took a trip down to Whitesbog Blueberry Festival and took the day to enjoy the sunshine, eat some blueberry donuts and watch the festival entertainers. One group did a cover of Guy Clark's "Homegrown Tomatoes," which sparked a larger conversation about music and songs about food. This playlist is the product of that conversation. Enjoy!
P.S. Tracklist down below. I used YouTube so I could link to live footage whenever possible.
- Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey
- Jay & the Techniques - Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Guy Clark - Homegrown Tomatoes
- Ernie Freeman - Dumplins
- The Quik - Bert’s Apple Crumble
- Andre Williams - Rib Tips
- Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
- Peggy Scott and Jo Jo Benson - Pickin' Wild Mountain Berries
- The Ikettes - Peaches 'n' Cream
- Rick and the Keens - Peanuts
- Mongo Santamaria - Watermelon Man
- Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill
- The Bell Notes - Shortnin' Bread
- The Isley Brothers - Black Berries
- The Soul Runners - Grits 'n' Cornbread
- Jo Stafford - Jambalaya