Weekend coffee #30.
Week 30. This week brought a whole lot of rain and humidity and many, many words to write. Am mildly freaking out over a project I have due on Tuesday but refuse to let it take over my weekend. Sometimes you have to push back on the anxiety and live your life. Even it means staying up late to get the work done in time. That will likely be me on Monday. Send snacks.
In the meantime, here's what I've been pondering this week:
- This is an interesting conversation. The white male perspective is under attack as of late and while I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be, it's still that we at least listen.
- Elizabeth Alexander always makes for a compelling read. In this piece, she crosses borders, time zones, religious beliefs and more to tell a valuable story.
- Most of the time, I hate these story of listicles. I also hate the word listicles. Lists, if you will. But this one offers up some good advice, particularly around friendships.
- As part of my new quest to bring more laughter into my life, I'm going to pre-order Abbi Jacobson's new book because I suspect she'll offer up some funny truths.
- I'm sort of a mess so I rarely wear all white anything but the industrial vibe and little palm tree embroidered on the back of this jumpsuit are calling my name.
- And finally, a question. Mulling over budgeting solutions - primarily YNAB and Mint. My research found pros and cons for both options, so which to choose?
Until next weekend.
Wholly unrelated image by Charles Deluvio 🇵🇭🇨🇦 on Unsplash