Weekend coffee #34.
Well, this was a week. The garbage fire continues to burn and I really don't even know what to say about it anymore. As I put together this post, I realized that there is just no escaping this general heaviness and it shows. So, while I did work a little bit of levity, most of what follows is on the darker side. If that's not your thing, come back next week. If you're ready for it, keep reading.
- Is it time we address Richard Nixon's alleged abuse of his wife and First Lady Patricia Nixon? Why, yes. Yes, it is. Presidential history used to be my thing but there's no defending any of it.
- Oh, look, another cheerful one! Pretty sure my metabolism stopped working around age 19 but I think it's interesting that the drop is closer to 2 percent per decade.
- It's been almost a year since Hurricanes Irma and Maria took direct aim at the Caribbean. This series examines how things look in St. Thomas.
- On a heartwarming note, look at all these posts from last week's Clear the Shelters events! One day I will have a bigger home, with a bigger yard and lots more dogs. For now, just the two.
- To end things on a positive note, check out these "Preserved Moments of Historical Sass." Super love the high school students in pants and cross-dressing man.
- The warm weather isn't over yet and I'm pretty sure there are about 100 different ways to layer with this jumpsuit.
Until next time!
Image via Justin Campbell on Unsplash.