Weekend coffee #31.
I am displeased to report that it is already August. I tend to favor the month of July and this year I let it (mostly) go to waste. That and it rained. And rained. And I'm quickly becoming one of those women who focuses entirely too much on the weather. Yuck. Anyway, here's what's happening:
- Trying to make some time to go see The Go-Go's scored musical that just opened. "Beauty and the Beat" and "Vacation" are two of my all-time favorite albums.
- This piece on losing your self-esteem as a kid resonates deeply. Imagine what we would accomplish if we never started to doubt ourselves? It's hard to shake once it takes hold.
- Lucy is indeed a beloved New Jersey attraction - I last paid her a visit a couple years ago. Her design makes me think of this very silly scene from Moulin Rouge, in a less cheesy way.
- As someone who writes about talent acquisition for a living, I have to say this article for The Billfold is on point. Tip no. 2 is of particular importance.
- I didn't expect to like "Big Little Lies" as much as I did but after binge watching it on a plane, I went home and read the book. Reese vs. Meryl would be an interesting twist.
- Walked by this loungewear jumpsuit the other day and did a double take. Probably because I was exhausted and relished the idea of napping comfortably.
And in case you missed it, there's a new Robyn song.
Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash.