Weekend coffee #35.
It's just about here. The end of tourist summer and the start of the local one. Funny thing is, Labor Day Weekend is usually a wash and this year looks no different. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the return of peace and quiet around these parts. The summer flew by and while I had some good time, I also spent a whole lot of time inside working. Not ideal but such is the glamorous life of a freelancer. Though I wouldn't change a thing. Anyway, keeping it light this week and getting excited for fall when I don't need an excuse to just sit home. Here's what else I'm mulling over:
- I don't even have HBO and I'm excited for both the new season of "True Detective" (hopefully better than season two) and holy hello the adaptation of Elena Ferrante's "My Beautiful Friend."
- As a life-long true crime fan (who abhors the term "murderino") it's been interesting to watch the impact of "My Favorite Murder" on well, just about everything. Even Etsy.
- Believe this is what we might call "jumping the shark?" Serious eye-roll though I do love the headline touting it as "entry-level."
- This. Blows my mind how being musically inclined or an active member of a subculture is vilified. As if adults should give up their interests and passions because they're older.
- Similarly, interesting to see how people form opinions of others based on appearance. Not sure what my own take would be though I did automatically think the twins worked in food service.
- I sort of want to buy all of these? Very into the rats pattern.
Enjoy the long weekend. Until next time!
Image via Gaelle Marcel on Unsplash.