From the Star-Ledger by way of Magnolia Bakery.
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 cups fresh blueberries, separated
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound cream cheese, in chunks at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar (I'd suggest just 1 to 1-1/2 cups)
- In a large pot, combine 1-1/2 cups of blueberries with both sugars and place over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble and pop.
- Add cornstarch and water combo, stirring until the blueberry mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat and add in the remaining blueberries. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the crust, melt the butter and combine with remaining ingredients. Prepare a 9" by 13" rectangular glass dish and press the crust into it. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the crust starts to brown. Cool to room temperature.
- To make the filling, whip the heavy cream and set aside. Beat together the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Fold the whipped cream into the other mixture until combined and spread onto the cooled crust.
- Top the pie with a thin layer of the blueberry filling. Refrigerate for an hour or so until set.
Serves 12. Even better the second day.