"Cheesy" roasted carrots.
Like most things, there are some recipes that you find, and others that find you. This one found me. After purchasing a big bag of baby carrots on a whim one day, I wondered what to do with them. So seeking warm, comforting food to get me through the winter doldrums I decided to roast them. Fast forward to a few weeks later and I'm on my third big bag in a month. The recipe changes from day-to-day depending on my mood but the basics stay the same.
- 1-1.5 cups of baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- garlic salt, to taste
- curry powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- In a medium size bowl, pour the oil over the carrots and mix until the carrots are coated.
- Sprinkle the carrots with garlic salt and curry powder if so desired. Top off with nutritional yeast and give the carrots a shake to make sure they are covered evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 min, removing once to flip the carrots over.
Remove from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy. Can be served as a snack or a side. Double or triple accordingly.