Weekend coffee #11.
Despite a few seasonally appropriate recipes and an invitation to an on brand dinner party tonight, I don't usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day. As a result, most of this week's content and link have pretty much nothing to do with wearing green and drinking beer. In fact, a few have to do with work so despite it being the weekend, please enjoy anyway.
- This. A million times this. There are a million reasons why jobs don't work out. Sometimes its the employer. Sometimes its the employee. The majority of the time it works out for the best.
- On a related note, "Work-life balance programs paying off for both federal employees, government, says report." Oh gee, you don't say.
- The unplugged narrative is nothing new. Heck, I talked about it to the AP something like 15 years ago (cool humble brag). Regardless, this piece still made me chuckle.
- Why Podcasters Love Lipstick and Pajamas. Despite the fact that I hate lipstick and pajamas, I love podcasts and talk to my friends about episodes like you would in book club. Podcast club?
- Oh hi, I want to eat you. I keep a primarily vegetarian kitchen and the addition of pumpkin seeds to falafel intrigues me. Will report back.
- And just to add some green, I'm kicking myself for sleeping too long on this jumpsuit. Was hoping to make my spring/summer look something along the lines of Jedi warrior.
I digress. Enjoy the weekend and stay away from any food coloring!