Weekend coffee #20.
Only a week and a half left in May! And by the time you read this, the royal wedding will be well underway or maybe even over. I'll probably catch up on the blessed event after it happens in favor of following my usual Saturday morning routine. Dogs, gym, coffee - here's what I'm reading this week:
- Procrastibaking is totally real. Around this time last year, in the lead up to our wedding, I would often find myself standing in the kitchen baking salted dark chocolate chip cookies by the dozen.
- I'm great in the morning - definite early riser but my nighttime routine is a mess. Here's how the world's most successful people handle bedtime. Time to get my act together.
- Filing this martini-inspired vinaigrette recipe for whenever I have a kitchen again (looking like mid-Juneish). Might have to try Julia Child's approach to drinks, too.
- Wow. I completely forgot about the Queen biopic project since it's been going on for like years. But this trailer with Rami Malek as Freddy Mercury looks promising. In theaters Nov. 2.
- True or false? Health food can hurt your complexion. This circa 1970s skin quiz from NYC subway famous Dr. Zizmor is nutso. Super skin, indeed.
- Someone mentioned J.Crew the other day, leading me to look at the website. While never a huge fan of the brand, I have to say they have some cute pieces these days. This week's jumpsuit pick.
I'm off to see The Original Misfits in Newark tonight. My inner teenager is screaming with delight, while my adult self is interested in watching a "phone-free viewing experience" from a private box. So punk.