Weekend coffee #18.
Really wish I had some reno news to share but other than having a working shower again, nothing is actually done. Sigh. Soon, I hope. Otherwise, I had the opportunity to meet Tim Matheson and other stars of "Animal House," got in a few hours at the beach and spent some time putting together a rather successful event. Busy is best so I'm definitely not complaining. Here's the rest of what's going on:
- This made me LOL. There were a number of these trees lining the streets of my hometown so we had this debate a number of times growing up. Glad to see its still a topic of discussion.
- Speaking of childhood, my high school made international news. Albeit for less than savory reasons. Couldn't make this one up if I tried. Though I am curious as to why...
- My undergrad program got positive coverage. I first heard Chenjerai Kumanyika on the "Scene on Radio" series "Seeing White" and dug deep into his research. Suggested listening.
- I wish all meetings ran like these Amazon ones. Can't begin to explain how many hours of my life involved countless people in one room nitpicking word choices and character counts.
- This assessment is too true. A friend and social strategist keeps lamenting the changes to the platform and how ineffective its become. And here all anyone wants is a chronological feed.
- Finally checked out the Universal Thread line at Target and while this jumpsuit wasn't the right fit for me (petite probs) I back the option. Serious Madewell vibes.
Off to a Pilates workshop and to indulge in some margaritas. Until next weekend.