Weekend coffee #24.
Non-stop since Sunday, I haven't had a chance to breathe all week. Not that I'm complaining. When left to my own devices for too long, life becomes one giant Netflix binge. So keeping me busy means keeping me away from the couch. No warm spot there, this week saw me bouldering, teaching Pilates classes for the first time in a year, spending 6+ hours in the pottery studio, writing lots and getting ready for a few weekend events. And that's just scratching the surface. In looking for a few moments of respite, here's what I'm reading this week:
- Here for it. Comedy Central is working with the creators of Reductress to create talk show called The Reductress Hour.
- I still want one of those weighted blankets and now I'm adding this Moon Pod zero gravity thingy to my wishlist.
- Weegee's crime scene photos are being turned into a graphic novel. This interests my inner #murderino (who once went to a Weegee exhibit at the ICP in New York).
- Not going to lie - I've always liked terrazzo floors because they evoke a different place in time. The style doesn't really fit into my current world but I dig the comeback.
- My feelings on New Jersey are not new but after putting up with the Christie administration for far too long, I'm psyched to see some of the work Phil Murphy is doing.
- For children of the 1990s like me, Betsey Johnson was always the pinnacle of cool. Turns out, she still is - and now she's making trailer parks in Florida seem cool.
- And can I take one of each color, please?
We're rapidly approaching the halfway mark for 2018 - wild. With that in mind, enjoy the weekend.