Weekend coffee #29.
You know how busy weeks usually fly by? This one did not, go figure. Regardless, I started a gig that has me working from a very smart office (hello, convertible desks) a couple days a week so that's a new experience. Otherwise, I've been plugging away, hoping to get to see the sun at some point this summer. Need to check in on my seasonal to-do list, suspect I'm not meeting many of my goals. There's still time. Anyway, here's what I've been reading and thinking about:
- Adding Glynnis MacNicol's book to my reading list. Might not be single but I am childless which is quickly becoming a rarity at my age. Totally fulfilled as-is.
- Love me a caprese salad so definitely going to have to try this avocado version. Hits all the right notes and gives me the opportunity to pick from my insane basil plants.
- Could you do $10 a day or less? Am 100 percent guilty of making a zillion little purchases so this might be a good challenge for August.
- This piece came recommended in a newsletter last week and I'll admit this is the first I've heard of Bitter Southerner - worth spending the time on.
- On writing and writing more. As we know, I do love a challenge so maybe I'll take this on in the coming months...I think I already have to some extent, albeit unconsciously.
- In case you haven't heard, Nordstrom is hosting their big Anniversary sale. If you're exhausted like me and want to stay home and shop, consider doing it wearing this comfy look.
Not sure there's much sun in store this weekend but hopefully an adventure awaits. Until next time.
Image via Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash.