Weekend coffee #27.
I have to say, the whole mid-week holiday thing really threw me off. Didn't seem much like a holiday but at the same time made the week feel short and hectic. Though ready for a nap, I've got miles to go, so to speak - and by miles, I mean today's Mets game (don't @ me) and some work to wrap up. Otherwise, here's what I've been reading:
- The World, Wide Open. Recommended reading about our bodies, ourselves from the always on-point Roxane Gay.
- Also, Shirley Manson's essay about cutting and the emotions and experiences that cause us to seek control in extreme ways.
- This grandma has the right idea. Imagine how much we could accomplish by unplugging one weekend a month.
- Kudos to Asos for taking people with disabilities into consideration with this jumpsuit design. Would love to see more of this from other clothing lines.
- Halloumi is a thing in my life lately and with an overabundance of basil and peach season rapidly approaching, these skewers definitely need to happen.
- I'm trying to curb my clothing consumption so instead, here's a beach read suggestion: Summer of Salt. Like Practical Magic set on an island.
Until next time!