I decided to get in the holiday spirit a few days ago. After work I came home, decorated my apartment, sat on my brand new couch and baked a whole slew of Christmas cookies for a potluck I went to on Saturday. First up, Lottie + Doof's Maple Pecan cookies re-imagined with walnuts.
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more for tossing
- 3 tablespoons decent maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of half an orange
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped (or ground) walnuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cream the butter and 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar before adding in maple syrup, vanilla, salt and orange zest.
- Add the ground walnuts and flour and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Using your hands form 1-inch balls of dough and place them 1-inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely and then toss in confectioner's sugar until coated.
Makes roughly 36. Will keep for several days in a sealed container. Warning: addictive.