Weekend coffee #32.
August is quite possibly my favorite month. I used to think it might be July because of duh, fireworks but I might be changing my vote. There's something about the way the sun shines and the grass smells that reminds you to take advantage of summer because nothing lasts forever. So that's where I'm at - last night we went to the local Italian festival and celebrated Aggie's adopt-aversary, today will be spent by the pool and tomorrow, a trip upstate to see Jesse's folks. Somewhere in between, I'll get some writing done. As I plan to use up every viable moment of time, please enjoy the following:
- I know I've posted some McMansion Hell stuff before but this takedown of Besty Devos's summer home had me cracking up.
- Never got around to reading "The Artist's Way" but might pick up "No Mistakes: A Perfect Workbook for Imperfect Artists" by Keiko Agena (aka Lane Kim) instead.
- The science behind women's bodies is totally amazing, including the impact our cycle has on our brain chemistry. Worth reading.
- Now that my kitchen is back together, I've been thinking about fresh flowers for the table. Maybe I'll test out this hairspray trick and see how long they last.
- Um, it's about freaking time. Blows my mind how long it can take the government to make up their mind on seemingly simply distinctions.
- Have you watched "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" yet? If not, I highly recommend and am looking forward to the second season. Watch the new trailer here.
- Already thinking about doing some back to school shopping...for myself, of course. It's been a while since I picked up anything from Everlane but I might have to try these shoes out.
Until next time. Have a good one.