Weekend coffee #33.
This was one of those weeks where I'm sitting here, Saturday morning, trying to figure out where it went. Beyond my usual workload, the band played a show, I spent extra time in the pottery studio and taught a Pilates class. Somewhere in between, I slept. At least I think I did. My face says otherwise. Here's what else I've been thinking about:
- ARETHA! A great singer with a long and storied career who knew more than a thing or two about life - and wasn't afraid to share her opinion. Always loved this scene. Did you know she passed on the anniversary of Elvis' death? The King of Rock and Roll and Queen of Soul.
- Remember the days of the shared computer? As I sit here, the owner of one smartphone, one tablet, two work laptops and a desktop, I would definitely love to shed a few devices from my life. Frankly, I say bring back the beeper and I'll get back to you when it's convenient for me.
- What an interesting lady. Her style seems so laid back, in a New England meets French girl cool sort of way. Will be thinking about running off to Maine for the balance of the weekend - visions of loose clothing, lobsters and oversized market bags dancing through my head.
- Speaking of comfortable clothing, I'm currently obsessing over Riverside Tool & Dye which I spotted in a local shop not too long ago. Wouldn't mind lounging around in this jumpsuit or these pants as high humidity continues to rule New Jersey.
- Contemplating buying tickets to the new Velvet Underground experience as well as this lecture on "When Women Ruled the World." I've been trying to curb my ticket buying habits after a few expensive purchases so I'll probably only go to one. The question is, which to choose?
- PSA: Biossance, maker of some of my favorite skincare products, is running their friends and family sale through August 27. Use code FRIENDS25 for 25 percent off. I use their squalane + probiotic moisturizer, peptide eye cream and squalane + vitamin C rose oil.
This is the first weekend I've had free in about a month so I'm hoping I can get to the beach for at least a bit. Really failing to meet that summer goal so far. Luckily, there's always September. Until next weekend!
Image via Ian Baldwin on Unsplash.