What's in my bag.
Maybe it's just me, maybe it's this damn Mercury retrograde (ending soon!) but things have felt particularly heavy lately. So for a bit of levity, let's have a look at what I'm carrying around...in a physical sense.
- Bag - Currently, carrying a custom, black on black VLAD tote. I tend to favor cross-body bags but Jesse had this made for me a few years back and it continues to cycle through my rotation.
- Wallet - Recently upgraded to a more "adult" wallet. Not sure how I feel about that. Believe it is the Kate Spade Cameron Street Stacy.
- Card Holder - As a grad gift, a high school friend gave out Coach ID cases. I was the only one who didn't carry the iconic C print bags so I got black leather. Still in use for business cards.
- Planner - Even though I use my phone mostly, I still carry a BlueSky Weekly/Monthly planner as backup. I also use it to track things the things I'm grateful for on a daily basis.
- Notebook - I picked up the notebook habit back in high school. It's stuck with me ever since. I'm currently packed a Moleskine knockoff that I got at a conference. Whatever works.
- Pens - An assorted hodgepodge of black ink. You'd be amazed how frequently someone says, "Anyone have a pen?" And chances are, I do. Maybe even more than one.
- Hat - Spring has not yet sprung so this remains a staple for the time being. Maybe it says something that I wear many hats both personally and professionally.
- Sunglasses and Case - Case is Madewell. Shades are from Anthropologie. Like my hat, these will probably get swapped out in the new future. What can I say, I'm trendy.
- Etc. - iPhone cause, duh. Allergy meds. Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Organic Lip Balm. Countless bobby pins. Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes. Star Wars Band-Aids. Raw*Rev Glo Creamy Peanut Butter & Sea Salt bar.
- Makeup Bag - Admittedly, this bag probably came from Marshalls. No shame. The contents are laughable considering how rarely I wear makeup.
- Makeup Bag Contents - Glossier Haloscope in Quartz. Eyeko Rock Out & Lash Out Mascara in Beatnik Black. E.L.F. Expert Liquid Eyeliner in Jet Black. Glossier Boy Brow in Brown. E.L.F. Satin Finish Eyeliner Pencil in Black. E.L.F. Shape & Stay Brow Pencil. Lash and eyebrow comb. Glossier Generation G in Cake. got2b POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder.